Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Graduation 2011

On Thursday, April 19, 2012, the 2011 graduation ceremony for the faculty of Informatics and Design was held in the Multipurpose Hall at the Cape Town campus.

Along with my fellow classmates from CPUT, I graduated with my National Diploma in Public Relations Management.  I obtained Cum Laude which is an aggregate of 75% over the three years of study.



The graduation ceremony was absolutely beautiful!  To be honest, for the first time in my university career, I really felt proud to be at CPUT.  As they started to play Gaudeaums Igitur when the Academic Procession walked down the aisle, I began to feel a lump in my throat and tears form in my eyes.  I looked around and felt so proud to be sitting there with my fellow graduates and to be acknowledged for my hard work and effort by lecturers and guests alike.  My mother and father attended the ceremony which was followed by an amazing lunch at Fat Cactus restaurant in Kloof Street with my best friend (and fellow graduate :) ) Leigh-Ann Brown and her family.


This definitely was one of the best days of my life thus far as I am the first person from my family to graduate.  I truly felt honoured to be there and am looking extremely forward to the 2012 graduation ceremony where I will be obtaining my BTech in Public Relations Management and throwing my graducation cap in the air!

1 comment: