Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Lady Gaga coming to South Africa!

When 5FM kept playing a clip on the radio of a performer who would be coming to South Africa later on this year, the nation was kept guessing.  My friends and I, however, had a slight suspicion of who it might be.



Lady Gaga is coming to South Africa to perform for her Born This Way Ball in November and December 2012!  I was very excited at the news that Big Concerts, in connection with 5FM, is bringing the five time Grammy Award winner to our shores.  Now, I like most of her songs, although I would not say she is my favourite artist of all time, but is this a concert anyone can afford to miss?  I was not prepared to take that chance!  At R715 for a general standing ticket, it had better be everything that I am expecting and more!

Following Gaga's previous outlandish stunts such as wearing an all-raw-meat dress and shoes, "hatching" out of a coccoon-like egg, and not to mention her crazy hair colours and equally vibrant outfits, I am sure she will put on a show that will have South Africans talking for a long time.  She will be performing at the FNB Stadium in Johannesburg on November 30, and at Cape Town Stadium on December 3. 


When the news broke on Monday morning, Fluxmag.com wrote "Gaga has a reputation for orchestrating electrifying live performances. This could be the concert of the decade so you don’t want to miss out."  My tickets are booked, and now I cannot wait to experience the weird and wonderful world of Lady Gaga and the rest of her little monsters live!

No comments:

Post a Comment