Thursday, October 11, 2012

If not now, then when?

Procrastination.  Sometimes I am convinced that I am the QUEEN of procrastination!  Just 30 minutes before posting this blog entry, I was wandering around the house trying to find anything else to do other than my assignment!

At the back of my mind I know that next week is the week from hell at University when I have three assignments due plus a presentation.  But somehow I always manage to push that aside and find something else that is more exciting or interesting, rather than what I am actually supposed to be doing.

But, if not now, then when?  After my brief moments of procrastination, my subconscious always manages to get the better of me.  I convince myself of the truth - that I have to put my mind to it and get going.  If I don't do it now, I know it is eventually going to catch up with me and be 10 times worse the next time around.

So next time you even think of procrastinating, simply because the task in front of you is boring or mundane, think about 'if not now, then when?'  Even though there are about a million other things you would rather be doing at that moment, nothing is worse than leaving it until the last minute and not giving it 100%.

Remember:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment