Thursday, February 9, 2012

BTech, social media, and everything else inbetween...



After three years of studying at CPUT, and one year-long intense but awe-inspiring internship at marcusbrewster (more about that later), I decided to complete my BTech in Public Relations Management. I knew from the day that I enrolled at CPUT that I wanted to complete all four years. Obtaining my degree has always been at the top of my list and great motivation for me to do my best.

Classes commenced this week, and I must say, it has hit me like a bang. My previous three years feel like nothing compared to this first week of fourth year! I can see that we are all in for a very busy, hard-working but exciting 2012.

I don't really consider myself a social media "guru" or very "techno-savvy." The only social media platform I really make use of is Facebook. That, however, is all about to change. This year is all about blogging, tweeting, networking, and being up to date with all the latest techno phrases, gadgets and apps.

This is very exciting as the world of PR is changing. More and more people are focusing on social media campaigns and what is going on in cyber world. That is why it is important to learn about these things and become well-acquainted with it.

So, if whenever you see me this year I'm glued to my BlackBerry or I'm busy tweeting everything you tell me, please understand. It's all in the name of PR!

2 comments:

  1. cindy blaser with an 's' and not a 'z'. you write the very same way in which you speak...i hope you are adjusting to this year because you'll be just great. I love what I've read so far. You've got so much personality. I really like how each post represents something of yourself. very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell me about it. People who thought that I was rude beacuse I was glued to my phone "bbing". Now I have a valid reason.

    ReplyDelete