Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Two people come out of a building and into a story

In January 2004 I met two of my best friends when I just started high school. Nicole Fritz and Nicole de Freitas - yes, both with the same name! After getting to know them, they went from being just mere acquaintances I had met in my Grade 8 class into one of the biggest parts of the story of my life.
We have been friends for nine years now and have still not grown tired of each other. We go out together, go on holidays together and just hang out together on many ladies' nights! We have gone all over the place such as Berg River, Kleinmond, Montagu, Cape Agulhas, Port Elizabeth and even Walvis Bay.
It's strange to see that even though we have changed so much since that first day we met, we have remained friends throughout the many developments in our lives. Friday Youth evenings changed to clubbing until the early hours of the morning; ordering cooldrinks changed to trying every cockail on the menu; and asking mom or dad for a lift somewhere changed to "I'll pick you up in 15 minutes." Even though times changed and we grow up, the sincere things in life remain the same.
This post is dedicated to the two Nicoles who have helped me to stay grounded and have remained my friends through the good, the bad, the easy, the tough and sometimes the ugly times. They stepped out of that building and into my story which I will carry on reading forever :)

No comments:

Post a Comment