Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Fish falling from the sky

Fish falling from the sky - sounds a bit peculiar, even non-viable to me. Believe it or not, cases of fish falling from the sky have been reported in Australia, Ethiopia and the Philippines.
The reason why this seems so unthinkable is because at a very young age, we are all taught the water cycle where water evaporates out of the ocean by means of the sun and is turned into water vapour in the clouds. The water or "rain" comes down by means of precipitation and falls back into lakes, oceans, rivers and dams, where the whole process is started over again.
Could it be that while the water is evaporated up, fish were "stuck" somewhere inbetween the water droplets and managed to stay whole in form while the water turned into water vapour? Who knows. Weirder and more wonderful things have happened in this world. Maybe they were supernatural fish with special powers, or fish that were stuck up there in the clouds just waiting for their chance to come down to earth to their natural habitats. Or perhaps it is even a "sign" from up above. Whichever it may be, at least it wasn't birds falling from the sky.
If birds were to fall from the sky in Cape Town, it might just be the end of me. I am sure I suffer from ornithophobia (the fear of birds). I would never want to harm a bird and don't mind them from afar, but as soon as they come close to me I get terrified. Their eyes and claws freak me totally out, and the vision of them flapping their wings on some part of my body sends me into a total frenzy. Weird I know as they are pretty harmless, nevertheless, rather fish falling from the sky than birds!

No comments:

Post a Comment