Tuesday, May 8, 2012

It is better to practice a little than talk alot

Very often we are more for our words than we are for what we actually do.  "All talk and no action" as many would refer to it.  This immediately makes me think of the very well-known American proverb, "practice what you preach."



We should always be more willing to show something, rather than to just say it.  The sad reality is that the opposite is the case most of the time.  I firmly believe that you have to see it to believe it.  So often we make empty promises to people, and hate it even more when empty promises are made to us.  It impairs our trust and only leads to disappointment.  Why say something in the first place if you know that you do not mean it or will not follow through with it?  What you say you are going to do, you should do!

I can openly say that I am a very impatient person who does not like waiting - something that I keep telling myself I need to work on :).  For example, when someone promises to meet me and then doesn't arrive without letting me know, it frustrates me as they are not keeping their word.  On a positive note, however, next time that person plans to meet me, I will approach it with more caution.  I lilke to think that I am a person of my word and when I say I will do something, that I do not rest until it is done.

Overall, we should practice what we preach to others.  Being a hypocrite is never a good thing.  You want to be known as a person of their word; someone who lives in a glass house, but does not throw stones.

No comments:

Post a Comment