Tuesday, July 24, 2012

My 15 minutes of world fame...

Andy Warhol said, "In the future everybody will be world famous for fifteen minutes."

If I were to be world famous for 15 minutes, I think the reason for this would definitely have something to do with me being filmed on a television show like boiling points or prankz!  I know that if someone were to try and catch me out on a show like that, I definitely wouldn't last long.  Before the crunch line I would probably have freaked out or gone crazy on the person trying to pull one over on me!  I would definitely be remembered as the girl who lost her cool and most likely made a fool out of herself on international television!

That having been said, I have no desire to be world famous one day.  It has never been a dream of mine to accomplish fame or to be in the spotlight.  I feel like I have no real admiration for the arts (e.g. singing, acting, dancing, painting, etc.) - which is what seems to fulfill the majority of fame slots for most people these days.  Then again, I guess being famous for being famous (aka Kim Kardashian and Paris Hilton.) is also a pretty good foundation for building your 15 minutes on.

Without a doubt, I fully agree with Andy Warhol's statement that in the future (or even in our present time at the rate things are going) that everybody will be world famous for 15 minutes.  Doing the most arbitrary things these days seems to grant you considerable admiration and extreme following from others.  People should be famous for doing meaningful things, not for reading a few lines from a movie script in front of a camera.  Unfortunately, that is the way the world works.  But if everybody is world famous, even if it is just for 15 minutes, then is anyone really famous at all?

No comments:

Post a Comment