Friday, July 6, 2012

New venture...

This week I started a new job at Corporate Image, a Public Relations agency in Cape Town.  My account manager from my internship in 2011 moved over to Corporate Image (coincidentally right next door to marcusbrewster) and needed some help on a few campaigns they are implementing for one of their clients, Hansa Pilsner.


Tuesday was my first day and I must say I am really enjoying it so far.  I have been extremely busy and definitely feel like there are just not enough hours in the day!  The people are really nice and very helpful, and I am so very grateful for this opportunity as it will mean I can gain more experience and add it to my CV.  I can also definitely see the difference between the two agencies I have now worked at, and I am really enjoying the more corporate approach to PR that Corporate Image offers.

For the next three months, I will be going in every Wednesday and Friday (even during university time) as those are the days I am fortunate enough to not have class.  I must say, I really have no idea how I am going to balance this 08:30 - 17:30 job, plus studies and assignments, oh and let's not forget still working in retail on weekends too!

However, I am definitely up for the challenge as it is never too early to start planning for your future. Who knows, maybe this will turn into a permanent thing one day, but if youthink I've fallen off the face of the earth, you know why!  And what a perfect way to start saving some moolah for my Thailand 2014 trip ;)

1 comment:

  1. Well written. All of the best in your ew place of work. I do believe that only once one tries as many working environments is the ideal one eventually found.

    ReplyDelete