Tuesday, September 4, 2012

My big fat BIG dream...

I have never really thought about what my big dream is.  Everybody has dreams that they want to aspire to one day.  Some of my dreams that I have for myself include being secure in a job one day that I enjoy doing, while earning enough money to live comfortably and to be able to buy all the pretty things that I want in life.  I would also like to travel all over the world and explore other places, countries and cultures - considering the fact that I have never even been on an aeroplane!

If I had to choose my one big fat BIG dream, it would definitely be to stay forever young.  However silly or unrealistic that may seem, I want to remain a 21-year-old student!  I am not naive and I know deep down that getting old is inevitable - nobody can live forever.


It is not the living forever idea that makes me want to stay young, but the fact that I want to be able to go out until late at night, watch movies until 03h00 in the morning, travel the world and go overseas with my friends, and party until the sun comes up.  Even though I know that this is not how my life will be forever, wouldn't it be great if it was?  These things are not possible once you get older and get more responsibilities.  Your life changes 180 degrees.

Although I am still considered 'young' by most people, I am at that stage now where I am beginning to realise that I am getting older.  I am almost finished studying and will soon begin working full-time, with accounts to pay on top of other daunting responsibilities.  I guess this is just the way of the world.



So from now on, I am going to embrace my youth, my freedom, and my inner-child for as long as I can, and so should you!  So stay up late and do the things you always wanted to do, no matter how old you are!

In the words of F.U.N: "Tonight we are young, so let's set the world on fire, we can burn brighter than the sun"

No comments:

Post a Comment