Thursday, September 27, 2012

My favourite Cat in the Hat book is ?; because...

Hmmm, a tough topic to write about this week, considering I have never read any books in the Cat in the Hat series!  Some may find this very strange or peculiar, but consider the fact that I have never even read any Dr. Seuss books, you may think I'm a little more crazier now than you did before.
The reason for this is unbeknownst to me.  As a child, I often read many other books, such as Toby Bunny's Secret Hiding Place by Dave Werner; and Walt Disney titles such as The Little Mermaid and The Jungle Book.  For some strange reason, however, the Cat in the Hat books, or Dr. Seuss novels in general, were never on my (or my parents' for that matter) reading list!

Even though I did not read the book, I did watch the movie made from one of Dr. Seuss's novels, How the Grinch Stole Christmas!  I can't say it was one of my favourite movies or one that I particularly enjoyed, but I'm afraid that is the closest I have come (or probably will come) to reading a Dr. Seuss or Cat in the Hat book.

While attempting to research a bit on this topic, I came across some memorable and meaningful quotes from Dr. Seuss (the author, Theodore Seuss Giesel):





No comments:

Post a Comment