Monday, November 5, 2012

If you could do it all over again, would you change anything?

If I could do it all over again, there are definitely many things I would want to change.  I always think about what could have happened if I had just done something a little differently.  What would my life be like now?  Where would I be?  Would I be working where I am working now?  Would I be living where I am living now?  Would I still have the same group of friends?



There are many things in my life that I would not change for the world.  My friends have been instrumental in shaping who I am today and have been such a support to me.  My mother has taken care of me and provided me with all the necessities I required to get me where I am today.  Those things I would never change, even if I had the chance.

But, what if?  I always try to live life to the fullest and not think back on "could have, should have or would have," but it is inevitable.  You will always think 'what if?' and cannot help but wonder if you life could have been better if you had just made that one different choice.

There are two choices I have made in my life that I would give anything to change.  I know that if I had made different choices back then, that my life would now be significantly different and would be better than it currently is.  It is not a nice feeling to live with regrets, but unfortunately it is a part of life.

After knowing the results of those decisions that I made, if I could do it all over again, there are definitely things I would change.  I do, however, believe that everything happens for a reason and the decisions you make are the ones that are supposed to be made.  If something is meant to be one day, then it will be.

There are beautiful lyrics from one of my favourite artists, John Mayer, who writes:

Is there anyone who
Ever remembers changing their mind from
The paint on a sign?
Is there anyone who really recalls
Ever breaking rank at all
For something someone yelled real loud one time

Everyone believes
In how they think it ought to be
Everyone believes
And they're not going easily

Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword
Like punching under water
You never can hit who you're trying for

Some need the exhibition
And some have to know they tried
It's the chemical weapon
For the war that's raging on inside

Everyone believes
From emptiness to everything
Everyone believes
And no one's going quietly

No comments:

Post a Comment